courses and 


If you will be studying in a School, College or University full-time, you will most likely need to pay for tuition fees alongside your living costs until you complete your course. A lot of people are unable to provide full fees; this is a very common problem that has a simple solution. As a UK national or an EU resident you can apply for Student Finance England (SFE) to receive a loan and/or a grant.

Student Finance (as long as you are eligible) will finance your full course and the funding can be up to £9,000 per year or possibly even more. This will depend on your chosen course, the level of education and the college or university you have applied to.

Once your course is completed and you have started working, when your income hits £21,000 a year you will start to pay back the loan in small amounts.


Your eligibility depends on the following factors:

  1. Your Age

  2. Your Nationality or Residency Status

  3. Your College/University

  4. Your Course

  5. Whether or not you have studied a higher level course before

Your Course:

The course must be in the UK and must be one of the following:

  1. A foundation Degree.

  2. A First Degree, for example; BSc, BA or Bed.

  3. A Certificate of Higher Education.

  4. A Diploma of Higher Education.

  5. A Higher National Certificate.

  6. A Higher National Diploma.

  7. A Post-Graduate Certificate Education.

  8. Initial Teacher Training.

Check and make sure with your College or University that your course is recognised.

If you have studied before:

You would usually only be eligible for Student Finance if it is your first higher education qualification (even if your previous course was funded by yourself).

You maybe still be eligible for limited funding if:

  1. You change your course.

  2. You have left your course but have decided to start again.

  3. You are doing a ‘top up’ course for a higher education qualification, for example, you may have just finished a HNC, HND or a foundation degree and you want to do a top up year for an Honours degree.

  4. You have an Honours degree or a higher level of qualification and you are interested in starting a part time honours degree in computer science, technology or engineering. (or a joint honours in 2 of these subjects).

  5. You already have a degree and you are starting a healthcare course (except for dental hygiene or dental therapy) on or after 1 st of August 2017.

Your Age:

There is no exact upper age limit for tuition fees grants or loans.

Your nationality or residency status:

You can apply if the following statements from the list apply to you:

  1. You are a UK national or you have ‘settled status’ (this means you have no restrictions of limits on how long you can stay).

  2. You normally live in England.

  3. You have been living in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man or the UK for 3 years before starting your course.

Non-UK nationals must have settled status on the first day of the first academic year of the course – which could be 1 st September, 1 st January, 1 st April or 1 st July.

You may also be eligible if your residency status is one of the following:

  1. Child of a Swiss national.

  2. Child of a Turkish worker.

  3. Refugee.

  4. EEA migrant worker.

  5. Humanitarian protection.

EU Students:

If you are not a UK national you may still be eligible if you are from an EU country.

Under 18 and have lived in the UK for at least 7 years.

18 or over and have lived in the UK for at least 20 years (or at least half of your life).

Black Background

We Specialise in EU, Asylum and UK Loans and Grants

Student Finance is usually summed up of three things; a tuition fee loan, a maintenance loan and a maintenance grant or a special support grant. The maintenance loan and grant are only available to full time students.


If you have lived in the UK for at least three years prior to the start date of your first academic year of your course and you usually live here then you are most likely to be eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan to cover the cost of your fees. When the application is complete the loan will be directly paid to your college or university and this you will have to pay back after completing your course when you start to earn more than £21,000 a year. You will also receive a maintenance loan paid directly to yourself that you can use for your own personal living expenses.

Student Finance may ask your details about your household income.

The loan is paid directly into your bank account at the start of term. You have to pay the loan back.

Tuition Fee Loan

Maintenance Loan for living costs

please contact us